Lloyds IP helps The Kingsway School
respond to the challenges of Covid-19
Proud of our ethos as a partner that cares about clients, Lloyds IP helped The Kingsway School protect vulnerable at risk children, providing a solution that enabled the school to adapt quickly to meet immediate requirements thrown up by an unprecedented situation.
About The Kingsway School
The Kingsway School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive state secondary school in Stockport.
A high achieving academy school with a “good” Ofsted rating, the school suddenly found itself needing to radically and rapidly change the way it communicated amongst staff and students due to the unexpected challenges of Covid-19.
The school had a legacy telephony system that despite being upgraded to deliver IP capability and allow SIP, was still very restricted in terms of its functionality. Lloyds IP has built up a collaborative relationship with the school over the last 10 years, and strategic discussions had already taken place with the IT manager around replacing the system. When Covid-19 hit, Lloyds IP received information about a free meetings service, and the team proactively contacted the school’s IT team to offer them the solution.
A link was sent to the meetings app and after a brief discussion on how to use it, the school was quickly able to deploy it to the senior leadership team (SLT). The app not only enables the SLT team to communicate securely internally but also to teach remotely, providing an excellent alternative to Google Classroom. After a second demo to run through the meetings software, the Lloyds teams also installed a softphone.
This effectively enabled a secondary phone system to run alongside the existing system with a view to migrating in the future. The initial plan was to deploy 5 softphones for the SLT team, but this was extended to 16 softphones because of the success of the solution.
- Rapid and secure connection with staff and vulnerable students – deployment within a week meant the school had a fully operational facility to be able to communicate with students.
- Ease of use – no training required as intuitive to use.
- Maintain staff privacy – enabled staff to contact vulnerable students and display a school number instead of a personal mobile number.
- Remote deployment – the cloud solution meant that no site visit to the school was required at any point, which was particularly relevant to the requirements with Covid-19 social distancing requirements.
- Flexibility – the solution can be configured around the exact needs of the school, adaptable for future use whenever needed.
Like other schools up and down the country, The Kingsway School has had to respond and adapt quickly to a changing world during the COVID-19 outbreak.
With help from Lloyds IP and a rapid deployment of a solution that’s easily accessible and intuitive to use, we’ve not only enabled our SLT team to communicate effectively between each other, but also keep in touch with our vulnerable students. It means we can provide the same level of support and care for our whole school community even when they’re not on site.
A huge thank you to the team at Lloyds IP for a seamless remote deployment that was available to our team and fully operational within days.